Java Back-end Developer
Remote / Prague 8 /
Remote 80 % /Onsite
Location: Prague 8
Language: Fluent in English
Form of cooperation: Contraktor
Start date: asap
Allocation length: Long term
What the team is working on:
- As part of the multi-year project PMDS/ R7 the R7 team is building Eurex' new Risk platform. The team will focus on the development of new service-based functionality to serve the customers’ needs. Besides the migration and harmonisation of existing functionality out of systems such as PRISMA or Calypso, the team is also working on a so called “Fast Track” to enable an easier and lightweight onboarding of new products.
Who we’re looking for:
- First and foremost, you’re somebody who gets excited about technology and still wants – needs – to learn. Technology dogmatists need not apply. We focus on the person behind the skills when we recruit, but from a practical point-of-view, there are some hard skill requirements, and you must be able to check all these boxes to be considered:
- A minimum of two years commercial experience developing software in Java.
- At least a basic understanding of the DevOps / SRE approach to designing and operating production systems.
- An understanding of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- An understanding of microservices and service-oriented architectures
- Working proficiency and communication skills in English
- Motivation to work in a cross functional team within an agile working style
Technologies we use:
- CI/CD (GitHub Actions, ArgoCD)
- gRPC, Protobuf
- Red Hat Open Shift
- Spring Boot
- Istio Service Mesh
If you have any of the following, that’s a nice bonus:
- Hands-on experience building cloud native solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Demonstrable experience of programming with Java in a real-world application of substantial size, whether commercial or hobby.
- Knowledge of financial markets (bonds, equities, interest rate swaps, futures, options)