Senior Test Automation Engineer / Leader
Remote / Praha - Pankrác /
Location: Prague 4
Language: Fluent in English, Czech is an advantage
Form of cooperation: Contraktor
Start date: asap
Allocation length: Long term
- Aktuálně hledáme Senior Test Automation Engineera do týmu Capgemini na dlouhodobý projekt v Barclays. Pohovory probíhají online (videokonference) v anglickém jazyce a zpravidla trvá 90minut.
- Java SE (core OOP, základní datové struktury/kolekce, multithreading, reflexe, generics)
- Procesy (analyza pokrytí, bug reporting, diferencialni analyza failu)
- Automatizace – unit test frameworky pro Javu, oblasti chyb v automatizaci, best practices v automatizaci,
- Troubleshooting – Unixové prostředí a příkazová řádka, SQL
- Praktický test – je dobré aby měl kandidát nejaké IDE pro Javu
- Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of
- customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and
- payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and
- investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides
- technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
About Markets Execution Technology
- Markets & Research Technology (also called TC2) is made up of 2,000+ colleagues across UK, US, India, Czech Republic, Singapore, Japan, and Hong Kong. Responsible for all of the technology solutions required for the Markets front office trading. We cover all asset classes including Credit, Equities, FX, and Rates.
About Euities IT – HighTouch team
- Markets Pre-Trade business area is developing of applications supporting activities leading to a trade of client orders, buying or selling cash equities. That’s the process from entering an order by client or Barclays sales trader, across manual or algorithmic trading instructions up to sending an order to proper exchange to ensure best price for the client, and reporting the activities to regulators, and further internal systems.
Overall purpose of role
- We are looking for a senior QA engineer with solid experience in Test Automation and relevant programming skills to join Order management test automation team, testing front office and order management applications in Cash Equities business.
- The role is focused on delivery of whole test projects for various applications. That involves first learning the business of a particular application and it’s dependencies, understand the technical solution and it’s interfaces usable for automation, and secondly the standard test analysis, and development of the automation with focus on maintainability, transparency and reporting of the results to stakeholders.
- The role is 100% hands-on Java development for QA Automation (test cases and framework)
- You are expected to own (with support of more experienced colleagues) technical decisions that require an understanding of the problem domain
- You are expected to collaborate and communicate globally with stakeholders (business analysts, developers, managers) as well as other testing engineers.
- You are expected to have knowledge of software, tools and testing methods and actively keep this knowledge up-to-date (i.e. desire to learn)
- You are expected to adhere to Policies & Standards appropriate to the role - outlined in the Code of Conduct and mandatory training
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- The role includes liaising with the dev teams in order to understand the changes they are making so scripts can be developed or maintained accordingly; talking with QA stakeholders and numerous peers/Test Engineers split in multiple locations.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- The role involves design and strategy decisions about the automation approach on one hand, and also failure analysis and troubleshooting on the other. That requires technical troubleshooting (searching logs, using troubleshooting tools), but mainly it requires application of gained knowledge of the systems, and the dependencies, so one can deduce conclusions about real root causes from symptoms detected by the tests.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- QA experience – requirement analysis, test case design, test plan creation and execution, troubleshooting and result interpretation and reporting.
- Java programming for QA automation (OOP, Java SE, maven, unit test frameworks – TestNG / Junit)
- Experience with CI /CD pipeline and source code versioning systems
- Experience with agile methodology
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with fluent interface and/or screenplay test description approaches
- Experience with GUI automation (Selenium, Ranorex, UIAutomation)
- Experience with team coding practices (code reviews)