Remote / Prague /
Language: Fluent in English
Form of cooperation: Contraktor
Start date: asap
Allocation length: Long term
We are looking for a senior DevOps Developer for our client.
- Provide support for DevOps toolset following the internal team process for it
- Implement feature requests raised through Jira for our team following the process.
- Oversee troubleshooting of problems and either solve or serve as point of escalation
- Act as a global expertise for the toolset and provide teams with support and help when needed – either local discussions, using emails, chat or confluence pages
- Represent the team together with other team members on the regular monthly stake holders meeting and provide feedback when necessary
- Participate in the regular team meetings (Kanban/Scrum), get familiar with this Agile methodology
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications
- Good support aptitude and inclination to go extra miles to resolve user issues
- Knowledge of UNIX / LINUX shell and some scripting language like Perl or Python
- Good knowledge of relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL, MSSQL).
- Familiarity with CI/CD toolsets is key to this role
- Familiarity with cloud computing – AWS
- Knowledge of source code control systems (DVCS like git mostly).
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Able to communicate clearly on technical issues to technical and non-technical personnel
- Reporting of progress, risks and issues to the team leads.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other IT team members, other project members, managers and business users.
- Adhere to strict procedure and governance & understand their importance.
- Must be able to build a lasting relationship with relevant parties at all levels.
- Must be able to participate in a culture of “knowledge sharing” within the application team globally and within the wider Shared Services.
- Able to work accurately, steadily and calmly under pressure.
- Strong eye for detail.
- Able to manage conflicting priorities among groups.
- Ability to self-manage but also escalate key issues to senior leaders when necessary
- Organised and reliable.
- Self-starter that will actively seek improvements to existing processes.
- Familiarity with container technology like docker is an added advantage
- Understanding of monitoring tools like ITRS
- Experience in banking environment is nice to have